April 18, 2008

Holy Roller Skates Batman!

Photobucket


Last weekend, I very fortuitously left my car outside a bar where we'd been watching a band the night before. The next day, fair Graham gave me a lift back to my vehicle, and I headed home for a bit more sleep. Lucky for me, I stumbled across a garage sale at Harlequin Costume Hire on Auckland's Great North Road, where I stumbled on these beauties!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



I now own not one, but THREE pairs of roller skates, and am very happy with all three. And these? These were only FIVE BUCKS!

I now need to clean these puppies up a little, get them some lovely new laces and sort out the wheels. I was a bit frightened on them the other day, and not just because of their tiny, tiny wheels:

Photobucket


They also have rickety trucks and jangly bearings- as you'd expect from old, rusty skates! But I'm not going to skate on them much (if at all), so I don't know how much to invest. So what do you think? Clean them up and keep them as is? Or kit them out with new wheels (in red) and maybe some new trucks?

Have a super weekend all! See you Sunday with some fresh peaches!

xx Peach

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your site provided us with valuable info to work on. You have done an impressive job and our whole community will be grateful to you.

Here is my page - Air Max