March 30, 2008

Ah, my poor liver...

What a silly, retarded weekend it's been. You know how I know it's been a hard one? You know how I know when it's been tough? When I wake up and *preventatively* drink an entire powerade and down two nurofen, just to face the day. Things aren't okay when your pre-breakfast involves sugar and ibuprofen.

Friday night I headed to Auckland's north shore to see the fabulous Rick Dangerous, a lovely wee indie outfit who play pretty ditties and wear Threadless shirts. I ended the evening on the roof of a Takapuna house, eating corn chips and drinking from a plastic cup shaped like a penguin; classy. I did my usual Auntie Peach thing and dished out advice to my willing, one-person audience. See? Auntie Peach the adviser came long before Auntie Peach the fashionista. Fashionista? Oh el oh el.

Then last night, I had two very special house guests. My friend James was up from Wellington for his brother's engagement party, and my dear friend Nick was over from Melbourne for his mother's 60th. So we ended up having a VERY late starting party at The Lezzie (our lovely house that you see in the auction photos), that lasted til 5am...ish. Cripes.

We were all a little worse for wear this morning, and ended up holed up in the lounge on blow up beds, playing charades. Seriously, charades. After about an hour of this, I realised that I couldn't disappoint my little peachers, and pryed dear Aimee from her marshmallow bed to take photos of me and some new peach treats in the garden. It swiftly began a group event, and our dear friend Paul took it upon himself to model this little ditty:

Photobucket


What a hottie.

Anyway, Paul being Paul decided to take his belligerence to extremes, and decided not to move from my carefully orchestrated yellow chair ensemble, made specially for auntie peach auctions.

"Hey Paul, get up," I said.
"Actually? Nah," he replied.

So he sat there, reading a book on optimum use of small Japanese apartments, whilst the APV shoot continued. What a bastard.

Photobucket


New auctions up tomorrow loves!

Peach xx

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Paul = Purple + Pose = great. Though, I am still greater.

Yesterday was the best hangover of my life. A big round of applause to all those who helped.

Swonderful said...

you poor dear! I have the same shoes :P
liv (lily rosemary) has started a blog too- www.lilysmakebelieve.blogspot.com